Friday, December 16, 2011

The purpose of this blog

I have created this blog because I think that it is very important to, as 2 Corinthians 10:5 says "[bring] every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ". This means that everything that we do must be with a purpose. Not just "for the fun of it". I really like what Jonathan Edwards said in his 5th resolution- "Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can." Now, Jonathan Edwards has a really good grasp on what it means to manage your time well. It is crucial to maximize every second of every day; do not waste a moment. This is not something that we do easily; we like to do things because "we want to", but often don't give a thought as to what God wants us to do with this time that He (big emphasis on the word "He") gave us. Here I will be posting book reviews- because reading good books is part of "redeeming the time". We can't just read what we want; we have to think "Is this bringing God glory? Or is it for my own pleasure?" With that being said, I will only post here about once or twice a month, mainly because I only read about a book a month :)

I hope that this blog blesses you in your quest to better serve your King, and redeem the time for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment